Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new GL owner with some Qs

well i just joined the forum since i just got 85 GL for my DD. it is 4wd wagon 1.8 NA, runs preat good considering it has 200k+ miles. i am new to oldschool subarus so i might be asking some questions :) however i do work on the cars my main project right now is 87 supra turbo witch i have done lots of stuff .

anyways here is couple things i am wondering about my GLL:

well i need driver door (w manual windows/silver in CA) & grille lmk if you have it.

speedo does not work - cable???

also left lowbeam does not work and it is not the bulb so it might be fuse? wiring? any ideas on that.

other than this cat looks nice.

also guy said that engine was rebuilt like 50k ago. anyways what do you guys think i should replace/check to ensure it will run for a while. also is there is anything i should be aware of (like supras blow headgaskets all the time) and chack etc.

thanks for your input and hope to stay here.

Ziggy

Yeah, T belts should be checked out and replaced if it looks like it needs it. But if they go out when you are cruising...don't worry...it won't fook the engine up...just keep ya stranded. They is no interference in the engine. Fuel filters...those should be replaced. They are two..one in the engine compartment and one in the back of the car, right next to the fuel pump...in front of the rear passenger tire. Good luck and welcome to the board. You should check out the subaru market place forum, for parts and what not. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12