Ultimate Subaru Message Board

13 inch ATV tires

I don't think they make 13" tires. But.... they make 12" ones that are 27" tall and one of the brand of 4 wheelers have a stud pattern that matches the subie, I think its suzuki. Sooo..., I personally saw a early 80's turbo coupe with this set up it looked wicked, I didn't get a chance to visit with him but it appeared like it go through mud,sand and snow with ease, I think rim strentgh could be an issue if you were to use on rocks or other hard terrain. but like I said it loo :slobber: ked sweet, big mud tread lugs on all four corners!!

You can order them I saw them in a 4 wheeler / moto cross magazine. I managed to use the 12's on a Geo Metro I had it was my desert beater loved that off road beast wish I still had it :( Any hwo they do make them I have seen them a couple times

LeDevil

Only thing I would be concerned with is the load rating, an ATV definately weighs a lot less than a Subaru does.. (I dunno about a Metro, those things are a pregnant roller skate made out of beer cans...) so I'd be concerned about blowing tires, but I wouldnt' be runnin' 'em on the highway anyway...

What would be cooler is a set of 14" Kubota tractor tires :-) They even have the proper 6 lug pattern to be re-drilled for our Subies! Talk about your wicked mud tires...

hey I'd take a set of tractor tires, i they would fit under the stock sheet metal with out a lift. do you have a link to this tires? I searched last night for some but me and searching aren't getting along right now for some reason

Try these. I saw a guy out of Salem oregon running tires just like these on the Oregon Dues at Florence last weekend. He had them on an old Justy and got around fine. I bet they would work great in the mud or on the sand.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/home.asp?sid=0005218173

Just stay off the pavement and don't go too fast. For the money you would be better off finding a used tire place that has reasonable prices. 28" Buckshot Mudders measure 26" and have very strong sidewalls. I found those at a big Jeep swap meet. Everyone was looking for 33" tires and the small ones are cheap.

I barked up this tree long, long ago. Called A LOT of places and did a lot of research. It ended up being just as expensive and they would be offroad ONLY tires :( ATV tires and rims arent cheap really. You'd need the rims also because those skinny little 13" subaru rims wont seat wide ATV tires.

Maybe if you could find a used set cheap? I couldnt at the time :(

There are some industrial tires available for 13" rims. There are some great tractor tires for 14" rims, but...

There is no 13" Atv tire!

However, you can get anywhere from a 25, 26, 27, 28 in an Atv tire. The problem you going to find is they are all on the 12" rim.

None of the existing 12" rims will fit a Subaru. There is one size that is close, it's a 4 X 144 NOT a 4 X 140! You need the 4 X 140. The second problem is the 4 X 144 is a front rim only in that size so you won't be able to run the wide tires your thinking. You'll need at least an 8" rim to run the tires you want.

The Justy up in Washington has custom made rims. I had to do the same. It's not cheap. None of your other options are.......

Subisandrail's link to rocky mountain atv is a good start. I got my tires there cheaper than any other place. You'll want a minimun of a 6 ply tire because of the weight and abuse your going to be putting on the tires.

I ended up using the Dirt Devil 26 X 12 X 12 because it had the deep lugs I wanted and the plys I needed and the size that would keep my gearing.

http://usmb.net/gallery/albuo21

Been there done that,

Let me know if I can help!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester