Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Adding A/C to non-A/C 87 GL wagon?

I don't know if it would be financialy reasonable if you were to try to go to an R12 system. But if you were to go to a r134 or equivilent system you could do it.

I have some of the parts that you would need and also a sheet that was in an 86 sedan (should be the same) for the dealer to follow to install air conditioning in a car after it has left the factory.

You would need a condenser, the fluid lines with the proper o-rings for the refridgerant you are using (r12, r134, etc...), the compressor, with the bracket to hold the compressor, receiver/dryer, different alternator pulley (2 groove), pulser assembly, and bracket, the idle control (ficd actuator) unless it is auto-trans and spfi, the a/c relay, the a/c button for the dash and then the evaporator and the wiring diagram, pulse amplifier.

Seems like a lot a know but now would be the time to get it done.

I don't need this sheet and you can have it, if you would like.

I can't help with all of the part as this one was hit in the front with a deer, and the compressor would be to heavy to ship.

Took all the rest out.

You would have to find the lines, and would be best to get a new receiver/dryer, as they grab moisture pretty quick.

Let me know if you want this sheet, even just to look at, and see what all needs to happen.

pm or email

Hush

I'll have to see if I can get my camera to co-operate in taking pictures of it.....Don't have access to a scanner at the house.

If that doesn't work I'll have to get it scanned.

But that wouldn't happen till maybe next weekend not this one.

Hush

I'm gonna post a picture for you all to take a look at.

If the quality is to low and you can't deal with it then I will try to get the sheet scanned this coming weekend.

If the quality is ok then let me know and I'll finish posting all the rest of the pictures that I took and type in the instructions...

Hush