Ultimate Subaru Message Board

286hp EA82T

im curious how the intercooler and piping looks / works, the TMIC is starting to bother me.. the scoop is killing my sleeper effect
I'll post some pics of the plumbing for you. Took a fair bit of modification with the help of a grinder & gas axe for it to work but the plumbing goes down through a hole we cut, through the corner of the wheel arch making sure we had clearance for the tyres. Had to modify the grille, headlight mounts & bonnet release. Also had some dramas with it all fitting under the bonnet mainly where the intake pipe goes to a 90deg turn downwards into the throttle body. The pipe would sit too high so had to get a turbonetics 90deg turn so it fit with the bonnet closed. The intercooler alone gave me about 20 more hp on the same boost.

• 4 weeks later...

jeez..20hp eh? i don't think i had more than a 5-6hp gain when i put mine on, it was when i picked up the boost that it really made itself known...

you have so much on your car that many of us have been struggling to figure out...we/i could use a whole bunch of pictures to satisfy some curiosities....