Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ahh Must have legal ownership!!

Well ABout 2 1/2+ months ago a few of my "rainbow hippy" neighbors asked if they could leave their subbie on my property so they could go to a "Rainbow Gathering"??? Since I have an affinity for subaru's I said sure. Knowing that if they took it cross country in the condidtion its in it would never leave the "Gathering". Any ways I have since come to hear through e-mail that they have left the Country. I wish to keep the vehicle since they are not coming back for it. It has no Title as far as I know, No Registration, and the tags expired in April. But I have the keys. Is there a way to file for an abandon vehicle title or something. I live in Arizona if that helps. Thanks for any input on this, 1979BratOwner

P.S. It runs and I have the keys

DAMN! After 5 hours of searching online I found out that I can, and that it won't cost me anything to get a transfer of ownership (it's gonna cost the person that abandoned it 50 dollars which I'll be glad to pay for them). Then 4 dollars for a title, 8 dollars for registration, plus some *cough* taxes . It comes to about 25 -30 dollars to make it mine plus about 30-35 days to make sure it's not stolen *which I already know it's not* Then about $219 dollars for 6 months insurance. All that for a subaru which i think is leaking water from some where, burns oils, and makes a werid noise when turning. But hell It runs!:burnout:

DAMN! After 5 hours of searching online I found out that I can, and that it won't cost me anything to get a transfer of ownership (it's gonna cost the person that abandoned it 50 dollars which I'll be glad to pay for them). Then 4 dollars for a title, 8 dollars for registration, plus some *cough* taxes . It comes to about 25 -30 dollars to make it mine

holy crap thats cheap, it's like $55 to transfer a title here, plus another $54 to regester it. and if the person you bought it from misplaced the title, bam, you hafta pay double.

-mike

I didn't buy it. The people that owned it asked if I could hold it untill they came back for it. They have since left the country and are not coming back for it. They left me the keys. but didn't leave the title or registration. The tags have expired back in April. Once I get back to Arizona *currently still on vacation in Washington* I'm going to file an abondon vechicle report and file for transfer of ownership. The cost I've already stated in an earlier post on this thread. So for less than 100 bucks I get a running subbie. The only problem with it that I can tell is that it overheats easily (water is leaking from somewhere, checked before I left its coming out from underside of the engine)