Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Megasquirt/Megajolt

well i have msnedis running in my 87 gl-10 turbo

:banana:

so if ya wanna run it .. i have most of the hard parts figured out and base fuel and timing maps to start you out with

... word of warning.. don't try it on a automatic.. mine did not take to kindly to the better hp? torque? or just flat out coincedence maybe

thanks...will let you know when it is ready to run..

Peter

well i have msnedis running in my 87 gl-10 turbo

:banana:

so if ya wanna run it .. i have most of the hard parts figured out and base fuel and timing maps to start you out with

... word of warning.. don't try it on a automatic.. mine did not take to kindly to the better hp? torque? or just flat out coincedence maybe

don't try it on a automatic.. mine did not take to kindly to the better hp? torque? or just flat out coincedence maybe
Now I'd like to try it out even more on my automatics. Was this reversed psychology? :mad:

Does anyone here have any base maps for the XT6? How about an XT6 with minor mods?

well if the injectors are the same size at ea82t

you just change the number of cylinders and engine size in req fuel

and adjust the number of squirts and my map should get ya running anyways

and you can go from there

oh yeah got motor and tranny in going backa fter a bit today to hopefuly bring it home after a few hours more work

well here is new stuff added to the msnedis code

btw both dual 12x12 fuel and ignition maps can be changed over on the fly so one set of maps for putzing around and one for raceing ect

or one set can be used for off boost and the second one can come in on boost

the switching is activated by a pin of the processor it then changes maps

so you could use a simple switch to change over for street/race

or my idea that a circuit is being made up for

is to use a throttle switch that activates at about 70-80 percent throttle

that run a small timer circuit that keeps the map changed over for say 5 min or so after the throttle closes so its still changed over

the timer would reset each time the throttle was opened far enough or you blipped it to activate it

then when the "fun time" was over with and you cruisng around town normally it goes back to regular maps until that switch trips again..

just a idea

or a pressure switch can be used to use one set of maps for off bosst and then at 1 psi it will change over the map to the on boost maps

jsut odd idea's based on this new stuff that can be done but here is the list of nifty stuff

THIS IS A BETA TEST RELEASE

Features

This code is built on the v2.986 Megasquirt code so has all those features plus:

Dual 12x12 fuel tables

DualTable code

Roger Enns' injector staging code

Dual 12x12 spark tables

Distributor (this cylinder) or EDIS spark control

Dual EDIS control (e.g. 2 EDIS4 modules on a V8) UNTESTED

Rev limiter

Launch control

Overboost protection

Boost control UNTESTED

Water injection control

Dual EGO sensor support (can run ego correction per cylinder bank)

PWM idle for use with variable valves

Nitrous control (min rpm, new timing map or fixed retard)

Supports even-fire 2 stroke 1,2,3,4 cyl engines and even-fire 4 stroke 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10,12,16 cyl

A crank decoder for the Dodge Neon is included and has been driven. This code is ALPHA. Under codebase enable Neon and set LED17 and LED19 to coil outputs.

The code contains the start of work on 36-1 and 60-2 decoders.

More documentation later!

For some circuit diagram suggestions for the extra inputs and outputs see this page of Phil's www.replica-cobra.co.uk site

NOTE Alternating middle LED and fuel pump indicates a config error.

e.g. MSnS but no spark output defined

Current status at 26th Sep 04, version 019c See files directory

Phil has driven his car with the code running it!

S tested 2stroke 4 stroke 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10,12,16 cylinders for correct timing.

NB. 1 input pulse required for each spark event i.e. 1 cyl needs a pulse every 720degrees.

If you have a 1cyl that gives a pulse every two, then configure as a 2cylinder

btw same code i run on mine also

so i know it runs as well err well it did .. till tranny problems

i suggest www.msefi.com

or ask me in pm or im proggie and if i can answer i will or try to give my best guess

• 2 weeks later...
why won't megasquirt work with the auto tranny? what are the limitations?
I think the general idea is that it makes so much torque down low, it destroys the autotranny. That's what I gather from reading. This only makes me want it more. I want my AWD XT6 to be a low rpm torque MONSTER and the FWD XT6 to be a high rpm torque runner.

The FWD is rebuilt with a shiftkit, tranny cooler and synth fluid. I'm not concerned with destroying that tranny. The other car though *sigh*, I'm ready to put it's tranny out of it's misery.

Gary,

Perhaps you can dig more into this and become a Megasquirt/Megajolt distributor/installer. I don't want the headaches involved in installing it. Just tuning it perhaps and reaping the rewards from the results. I barely have enough time to change an air filter because of my work schedule lately. :-\

I do hope this is what you guys meant by we don't want to install it on an autotranny. Or is it just not compatible or something?

why won't megasquirt work with the auto tranny? what are the limitations?

Well, oddcomp has this "delusion of grandeur"-thing going that his TOTALLY- AWEsome UberWagon made sooo much power that it literally caused his old tranny-to-diff seals leak.

Don't let him scare you off. but if your old, clapped-out auto springs a leak, don't say you weren't warned! :D

Seriously, I want MSnEDIS, but it's like a month's pay at the moment. (I gotta find a new line of work... this "indentured servitude"-gig isn't panning out like I had hoped!) I hate black boxes and love to tinker.

i'm thinking there may be compatability issues as the 4EAT tranny uses the stock TPS to some degree. if we can retain the stock TPS, then the tranny should be fine, meaning "it should work".

really i need to finish my motor before i get into this, i just had some time today to plug around and was concerned this won't work on the auto tranny, because i'm not a fan of manuals. i have one of each, but hope to get rid of the manual.

i read over oddcomps pages of logging his project, very interesting. i wish i wouldn't though. i would have never considered EDIS before seeing his results. as many Ford's as i have to fix with retarded problems, i think it will be tough to convince me to degrade my reliability with Ford parts. (no offense, i do own a Ford truck). driving 40,000 miles a year, i need more reliability than my friends seem to get from there fords.

4eat not rally a issue same guys that did the ms box

also made a electronic tranny box along the same lines...

as far as my delusions go wel.. yes they are grand..

and i really want to belive that the first drive i took with fuill ms and edis power.. control... since thats the drive that kille dit

took out my already weak /aging 230k mile auto box... with a saab apc and 10 psi boost

who knows

but to make myself feel nifty i will blame it on more power urr urr urrr

dam.. forgot what i was gonna type ... oops oh well its :2:06 pm .. pas t my nap time gotta be up by 7:30 pm

maybe i will know wtf i was thinking by then :)

oh yeah.. sorta remebered sumthing

i hate fords too..

but at least the edis seems to be a sturdy system thats adaptable

oh and i dropped about 500+ miles on the edis system before i broke my tranny :)

oh and northwet... i think i showed you

but my apc and my msnedis boxes at both black... so i guess your s.o.l unless you get a diffrent color case lol

...oh and northwet... i think i showed you

but my apc and my msnedis boxes at both black... so i guess your s.o.l unless you get a diffrent color case lol

and northwet you could also always paint it a different color :lol:

That's OK. I found a Liquidator that has boxes in assorted colors: Puce, chartruese, and teal (I thought the teal was turquoise, but they assured me it was teal). Still can't figure out why these boxes are being sold so cheap...