Ultimate Subaru Message Board

manifold to engine coolent line (small)

I have a leak coming from where this small coolent attached to the top of the engine block as there is a healthy green colour there. This line is positioned just behind the dizzy on my ea81 brumby and it runs from the inlet manifold (opposite t-stat housing) to the top of the block about 5cm to the right. It is less than 1cm in outer diameter about probably 1/3 of an inch. I am just curious what this sucker does?

There is a similar thing on the other side but it comes from the place the hitachi gets the coolent so it can disengage\engage the choke and has a valve of some sort wif a bolt head poking out, i can sortof remember from a previous post someone saying this valve controls the volume of coolent that can flow past the hitachi base therefore affecting the choke but im not sure if its right. With my new holley should i take out the valve and replace with coolent line so there is no pressure building up under the adapter plate?

Cheers