Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power Windows don't work

86 GL Wagon. Driver side window works, all others do not. There is power to the switches on the driver side. Appears to be the window relay (which is, of all places, under the passenger seat) but I replaced that with one from a junked 88 and it didn't help. I think the little round thing next to the two window relays is a circuit breaker; it tests good with an ohmeter. Can any one help -- give me someplace else to look. Is there a secret fusible link somewhere, for instance???

Senor Reek

i have had the connections get corroded before .....light sanding with a fine grit or a fingernail file works for that......maybe?

There was a lot of corrosion in the contacts on the relay I picked up at the junkyard. I will check the PLUG. Thank a lot.

Rick

I had the same problem with my 90 Loyale, have checked everything for voltage and continuity, all checked OK. took the drivers door control off and spread out a clean cloth and took it apart and checked all the contacts they all looked OK but brushed them with a ss tooth brush, made sure everything in the right place and put it all together, installed it and everything worked. I have no idea what was wrong or out of place, but all the windows work, it's been driving me crazy for a month, I wish I knew what was wrong.

Yeah, that's certainly possible. I need to check for voltage at the relay! Thanks alot.

rick

I'd bet it's corrosion too.If your passenger floor got soaked you might want to check the harness and relay box(??can't think right now) located under the pass. front seat.Check the grounds too.I've used switches that were working perfectly only to install in the problem car and get the same result.

• 4 months later...