Ultimate Subaru Message Board

loaded down with all this, in a wagon

we went to the junkyard and hauled off with MAJOR components off 3 cars in 3.5 hours with 4 people junkin, and we put everything minus 4 tires from the back of a dodge truck into the lyale wagon

ej22 long block, and its intake, and ac/alt and all the small parts to it

an ea82 mpfi long block

5spd s/r tranny w/ crossmember

5spd d/r tranny

ea82 y pipe

ej y pipe

2 ea82 trailing arms with brake drums

ea82 rear suspension tube frame

ea82 rear axles

ENTIRE legacy rear suspension incl struts, axles and 4.111 diff

Pair of ea82 lower control arms with radius rods

pair of ea82 front knuckle/brake

radiator

pair ea82 front axles

PAIR OF LEGACY FRONT KNUCKLE/AXLE/BRAKE ASSY

legacy rear swaybar

spfi throttle body

fuel pump

2 starters

diff hanger bar

on top of all that was a tool box, jump pack, 3 tool bags, a duffel bag and a blanket, pair of shoes

all of this in the back of the car loded down, about 1.2 inch off the bumpstops, from columbus oh to fort wayne. im sure we were loaded down at least 1000 lbs

it was me, myoss feece, jim wood and alleyboy. we originated from alleyboy's. jim drove his wagon and hauled off the tires and some small stuff. we took the rest, picked up another tranny, the radiator, and stopped by jims on the way home, took on 6 tires, and made our way another 100 miles

now i got to figure out where to keep all of this stuff. the sedan and the rx are both loaded down with parts.

but now i have everythign to convert the sedan to 4wd minus a shifter and a driveshaft

i truly wish we found a scale because we had to be over the

GVWR. the tires looked half flat at 36 psi if that tells you anything. but we made almost 200 miles with no problem at all

What shifter, and driveshaft do you need? Got the shifter out of the XT-6 here, got a couple of driveshafts laying around too. Think ones from the 6 also.

I know you can stuff a wagon full of parts. Seen that when you picked up all of your stuff from the XT-6. Front seats, front suspension, rear suspension, all 5 tires with rims, did I forget anything? Of course, you didn't have 2 other bodies to get in there too at the time.

Ahhh Miles... glad to see you back around...

there's a thing in that list above... the radius rod? My '78 Brat can't be reassembled until I get some kind of bushings... the vo-tech teacher called them radius control bushings, the book calls it a leading rod?

I have looked everywhere and no one at the parts stores here seem to know what they are... they look a lot like shock tower bushings...

Thanks,

Mary

yeah tom, you have seen the likes of my cargo capacity, but i could say that i was TWICE as loaded down than the xt6 haul.

i need the driveshaft for a 5spd, actually i have aq rear half so all i really need is the front half. i have both a dual range tranny and a single range tranny. i guess iwould be more interested in a d/r trans for the immediate, and save the s/r tranny for the IOWA sedan

Ahhh Miles... glad to see you back around...

there's a thing in that list above... the radius rod? My '78 Brat can't be reassembled until I get some kind of bushings... the vo-tech teacher called them radius control bushings, the book calls it a leading rod?

I have looked everywhere and no one at the parts stores here seem to know what they are... they look a lot like shock tower bushings...

Thanks,

Mary

Most of the parts books call them strut rod bushings.

Most of the parts books call them strut rod bushings.

I found them! Leading rod bushings are what Haynes calls them. I heard about Lithia Subaru in Oregon through a post by GLCraigGT and called them tonight, they had them on the shelf and they are shipping them tomorrow... :)