Ultimate Subaru Message Board

QuikSteel use on exhaust....

Background:

ea81 engine with exhaust/emissions spacer on pass side head. (can't get it off...)

ea82 Y-Pipe with level manifolds mount points

Problem:

1" gap between exhaust and drivers side head.

I have a post up in the marketplace for a spacer to use, but was wondering if this would work/last for a 10 minute drive to the exhaust shop.

Make a form, and use a bunch of quik steel to make an adapter.

I have a bunch of the quik steel left from a different project, but not sure if it would handle the heat for the 10 minute drive, or if it would just melt and run into the Y pipe? :lol:

any thoughts on this, or suggestions for something different?

I always have the option of putting together a bunch of gaskets to make up the size difference, but they are hard to come by around here without ordering them.....

I may have a 1" thick piece of Aluminum left, but it's some nasty hard stuff, and might be too small.....

I have used QuikSteel on the cases of my air cooled Dirt bike...The patch is still there today and its been riden hard for 2 years now. That motor got pretty hot at times (Tight slow trails) ..I think it should be fine for 10 minutes. I know JB Weld is high temp too.