Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Napa Oil pumps...would you trust em?

The thing to remember is that NAPA, like Schuck's, Autozone, Parts Plus, etc., doesn't actually produce ANYTHING. They buy stuff from other manufacturers, rebadge it and sell it with their name on it. The trick lies in figuring out who they got the current batch of stuff from. My local Parts PLus store uses LOTS of Beck Arnley stuff which, as it turns out, is not generally made by B-A, either. Anyway, NAPA's products usually have a manufacturer code in the part number. Ask the person at the counter and they will likely be able to tell you where that pump came from.

I haven't used a NAPA pump, but what exactly is WAAAY cheaper? I get a pretty massive automotive student discount with NAPA, and their pump was still at least $30 more than the subaru factory part from 1stsubaruparts.com. If I remember correctly, the subaru pump with sending unit was under $130.

I generally feel better about napa's components than i do about those at schucks (for instance) but maybe their marketing department has just got my number :P

Napa's still a better asset because the counter people are generally more knowledgeable, so like Scoobywagon says, ask the counterman.

Plus I get a Friend Of the Counterman discount at one of the Napas around here :headbang: