Nissan Injectors?

Ross

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heh i just finished reading the entire thread... looks like your all doing a slick investigation... especially you Gravityman... thats a sweet set-up you got going...

i hope you come up with a good result... to bad my car is carbed... yup... i read all 11 pages and my car is carbed...

this is just me thinking...(ya it happens once and a while)

but what about injectors from an EJ series engine??? would those at all fit??? i guess i could rip into the 01 legacy sitting in the garage but i don't think my dad would like that to much... he's touchy when it comes to me ripping things apart...

According to FSM injectors are 2-3 Ohms in resistance and each injector resister has a value of 5.8-6.5 Ohms...I could actually measure them..there sitting less than 2 feet away..ok..I'll measure them..each resister measures 6-6.1 Ohms according to my mutimeter

ok so assuming supply voltage of 13.8 volts nominal and combined resistance of 8 ohms (and we'll use the low side of the tolerance so we predict maximum current). Now we've neglected the transiter resistance in the circuit that is the return path to earth in the injector control circuit, so the actual current draw will be slightly less..We'll also ignore any reactive components as nothing in the engine switches fast enough (outside the ECU) for them to be of consequence..So using V=IR where R is combined resistance and V is supply voltage we get a current flow in the circuit of 13.8/8 or 1.725 A..now recall that each driving transister in an ea82 87+ ECU actually drives two injectors at a time in parallel so total current sink per drive transister is 3.45 A...hmm..each injector dissipates 5.95 Watts... HTH

wow .. here we got mr wizard and my dum self is the one bumbling thru the megasquirt and edis setups.. is it me or does that seem kinda ironic or sumthing?

hey gravity pm me a adress and i will send you some injectors to test /clean

i have this nasty little at cruise hickuping that i never had before and the only 2 changes since ihad this install in my wagon are

i am now using the stock na/ spider injectors from a junkyard they came with the intake

and some of my wire runs are now a bit longer due to mounting certain things differently and i am pretty sure i need some shielded wire for my edis ignition module that might be part of it

but i suspect injector problems as well

heh i just finished reading the entire thread... looks like your all doing a slick investigation... especially you Gravityman... thats a sweet set-up you got going...

i hope you come up with a good result... to bad my car is carbed... yup... i read all 11 pages and my car is carbed...

but what about injectors from an EJ series engine??? would those at all fit??? i guess i could rip into the 01 legacy sitting in the garage but i don't think my dad would like that to much... he's touchy when it comes to me ripping things apart...

well zefy my boy it wouldn't take much to change out your silly little carb for a do it yerself injection setup .. just a thought ..

:)

Welll I was looking into working in a side feed injector setup along with my top feeds. As far as injectors that I can get my hands on for side feed, I have only found some from a 2.2 Legacy, and I highly doubt that they will be much higher flowing then our top feed, mabe, mabe not. I will have to do some research.

Odd

I am still trying to work out why my jectorrate pulser wont work mabe I am just retarded. I am going to bring the Jrate to some guys on base and see if they may be able to troubleshoot the problem. Once I finish this I will have no problem doing your injectors. I can still strap power up to them flow them and clean them but I will have to use my ghetto method of pulsing them with a 9v battery and tapping the leads. I will post some pictures probably tomarrow of how many injectors I have and show you guys the differences in the before and after of cleaning. I have still not completly finished flow testing the injectors, I should be able to get a few test results by the end of the week.

• 2 weeks later...

this was an interesting read. i am interested in how the 300zx NA injectors flow. i was lucky enough to find a 300zx turbo (single, not TT) at a junkyard. due to limitied time, and 1 10mm wrench i was only able to get 4 of the 6 injectors out of the car. but i have tried searching google and other places to find out what these flow. supposedly the 300zx turbo was a very rare car. had specail features like mirrored t tops, and speakers in the seats.

if they flow more than legacy turbo injectors (they should) 360cc/min. then i have a use for em. but i have no clue what they flow. they are top feed, brown top. read a46-00 on the side.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive such a large thread but I'm at the point in my ea82t buildup that I need to decide on injectors.

I was gunna make some custom fuel rails and use GM Quad 4 injectors but it sounds like I can use some Nissan ones instead. I will be using MegaSquirt and Crane cams ignition.

So I should look for some Nissan brown injectors? 1985 turbo car? I know where a couple are but I want to make sure this is the best idea. I would like to see 250-300HP from my engine at 25psi or so.

Oddcomp- I'm gunna need yer expertise on the MS soon! Need some welding done???

As fars as an easy injector swap and since you are gone to be using MS to control the injectors, I would say If you could find the nissan brown tops from a turbo, that will be one of your best bets! I am experimenting with injectors with even higher flow rates but havent came across anything that would be as easy as the brown tops. My motor should have the potential of putting out over 300hp when I am done, the thing is I need to make sure that every time I increase the HP by 25hp I dont have to keep on changing out the injectors. So I am looking for something with about a 400-500cc output range. <--CRAZY!!!:brow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a carbed EA81 so I am not 100% sure how the fuel lines on the ea81t hook up. If they are anything like the EA82t they are virtually the same except for the flow rates. You could pull them off the 280zxt and the hoses will mount directly up to the fuel pipes on the ea81. The flow rates on the ea82t are 225cc and the ones on the 280zxt are 260cc. The computer should be able to handle that small of a jump in fuel flow though the injectors. All I can say is drop in an O2 sensor gauge and see how your engine runs now and then swap in the brown tops and see if the ecu corrects the rich mixture to stoich, if so then your in the go! Its not a very hard process its just the tuning. I am going to be running a MS so I can fully control pulse and duration so it doesnt matter what size injectors i put in. Good luck, let me know what you end up doing!

scott will the brown tops work with and fit a ea81t?????

ea81t and ea82t injectors are identical.

Ross, are you sure they are the same? I have heard from some sources that they are the same, and from others that they use different injectors. Have you looked at both side by side to make sure? Has anyone flow tested an EA81T injector? I have a few spare ones sitting in the garage.

• 2 weeks later...
Ross, are you sure they are the same? I have heard from some sources that they are the same, and from others that they use different injectors. Have you looked at both side by side to make sure? Has anyone flow tested an EA81T injector? I have a few spare ones sitting in the garage.

99% sure, i replaced one of mine with a second hand one from an ea82t, looked identical and seemed to work fine.

• 9 years later...