Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Remember your first time?

Ryanb

Lets all reminisce back to our first experience.

Well, mine was just this past weekend and oh how great it was.

It started off good< my lack of a welded rear dif got me stuck on some little ***** hill, but then Nicky Night Eyes jumped on the rear bumper and all was well.

Then we got a little bit crazier, and even the stock Impreza wagon was going with us. I'm sad to say that it basically went everywhere I did with the exception of a few high center incidents.

We then spent about 2 hours looking for " The Subaru Eater ", and eventually we just said screw it and were headed back to the beginning when....

WAAA THWACKKK!!!

My car has fallen extremely hard on my front right and is pulling like crazy. So, I tell Nicky on the C.B., I think I got a flat hold up. Only it was much better...

So, if you haven't gathered yet, I just bought this car, it's not entirely my fault here.... and I'm not too technical so excuse me if I don’t use proper terminology.

Basically, my spindle snapped in half, and the little bracket that’s welded to the bottom of the strut, above the spindle broke off. Just previous to that I lost the screw from the spindle which caused it to shake like a mother and then snap. No beuno!

We had to leave the car there, and come back the next day with a replacement.

DAY 2: We got it fixed, but we couldn't replace the whole strut because the spacer at the top for the lift was welded on, so we just replaced the whole wheel assembly. Assuming that should do it, we were golden. We drove around some more and things were well. Until...

WAAAAA THWACKKK and the pulling returned... WTF?

Turns out that little bracket on the bottom of the strut is needed to hold it down in there, where as we though if we just replaced the little cup it sat in and tightened it down we'd be good. We just hit a huge whole and bounced the strut out. But, easy fix, and now we are home. YAY!!!

Hmm... let's see what I can remember from when I lost my off-roading virginity... I drove around in the mud near some railroad tracks, then, while coming home, I try to cross a wide ditch and get stuck in it, while my good friend in the Ram Charger pulled me out. Worse, my parents didn't exactly approve of the fact that I was abusing my right to personal transportation.

"Please dont harass me" :lol:

I remember my first time. Her name was Della...a beautiful brunette with thighs like.. err.. uhm.. nevermind. I just realised this was about first time offroad. Yep.. thats something I'd rather forget. :drunk:

Glad it all worked out. :)