Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Problem installing new horn

I picked up a highway blaster horn for my car since one horn isnt working, and the other was seriously lacking. Using the wires from the passenger side horn i connected it, and pressed the horn button, and all I got was a "click" basically out of the horn. Tried switching terminals, nothing, switched back, click again. So I tried grounding it the other way, through the body, with one terminal connected to the green w/o a black strip wire from the horn. Horn came on loud and clear but was always on, switched terminals, and got nothing. Now I did a search for stuff on this and came up with nothing, but i did see that both of these are supposed to be live. So that would mean that the way i had it grounded both of those wires should of worked right? Is there any other way to hook this up? Any suggestions at all? Thanks.

Have you checked out the horn contact under the steering wheel cover. Mine had losened making for an intermitent horn. You might also want to use a relay if your "highway blaster" draws allot than the stock horn.
How do you wire up a relay? I have basic electrical knowledge, but have never wired up a relay before.