its a nissan 720 pickup.

so here is my setup...

motor ea81

trany dr 4speed (81brat)

nissan tcase

front diff nissan R180

rear axel from same nissan

wheels will be a 15X7 with some kind of superswamper 32in or 33in. narrow ones

i will at some later time put a dr5speed and an ej in it but i want to get it up and wheeling first to see if i want to put all that in.......

as for fab work. not a problem i just changed jobs , i used to work for this compay and we built all these drill rigs from scratch........... http://www.exceldrilling.com in fact im in the videos do some drilling.....

will post pix as i work.....

Do not commit to tires until you have it built. I had to do some other mods once I tried to put 31's on it. I ended up moving the front end forward 2 1/2 inches to clear the tire wheel combination. I used rear wheel drive offset. That moved the tire outward and caused the tires to hit the rear of the fenderwell on turns. I'll try to verify the offset.

solid axles are the way to go. IFS is too complicated and doesnt have the travel. if you spring a solid right, you can flex anywhere you want to. i would persanaly go with coil springs because they look cooler. :cool: plus you can do a 3 or 4 link setup with them and thats bitchin too. :slobber: yes hummers are 4 wh IFS but they are also in a completely different catagory. beefed up, different design than say a toyota. i used to wheel IFS toyotas, IFS is really limited without a LOT of $ dumped into them thats why most guys convert to solid. GO WITH TOYOTA AXLES OR HIGH PINION FORD 9'S. BULLETPROOF.

after viewing the vid, id say the guy was stupid. not just rich. i wouldnt have gotten out of the damn truck, much less picked up on the bumper. ive seen rigs go over simply from the driver getting out to "looky-loo". wheel safe people, i wouldnt want to wheel with that dork.

solid axles are the way to go. IFS is too complicated and doesnt have the travel. if you spring a solid right, you can flex anywhere you want to. i would persanaly go with coil springs because they look cooler. :cool: plus you can do a 3 or 4 link setup with them and thats bitchin too. :slobber: yes hummers are 4 wh IFS but they are also in a completely different catagory. beefed up, different design than say a toyota. i used to wheel IFS toyotas, IFS is really limited without a LOT of $ dumped into them thats why most guys convert to solid. GO WITH TOYOTA AXLES OR HIGH PINION FORD 9'S. BULLETPROOF.

tHE TOYOTA 8 " rear axle is set up exactaly like a ford 9 " real easy to work on and bullit proof.

I used to wheel a toypta IFS truck. a little scary at times, because you can only get so much flex out of the front end. All the flex was in the rear. the front tire would pick up all the time and then just drop. I think the next toyota I get, I'm not even going to mess with the ifs, for the price of a ifs lift, I could have done a solid axle conversion. that sasid, have fun and there is no way an ea81/82 will ever break a toyota 8" axle