Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Susp. Lifting XT6

What would be the max you could lift the suspension on an XT6? The axles are 2 inches longer than a brats on either side, so it would give it a better articulating angle. Would a 3 inch lift be cool and could I go bigger w/o F~ing up the axles? Also what is the best way to add a suspension lift ie.. what do I need to do and or modify? Thank you for your help!

drooling and rubbing hands together.....awaiting responses.

gravitman - there is a way to splice in a toggle switch to get the car to lift up about another 1.5 inches with the air suspension. you only have to splice into one wire under the drivers seat.

i guess technically that's a *body* lift not a suspension lift so that might not be what you're after.

The only problem is I have swapped to Struts!! Suck.

BUT What about swapping a total air bag suspension lift? Front and back. Has anyone tried?? Totally adjustable. Lower for road use.. HIGHER for offroad use.

Is it possible? just need to fabricate the bracketry to fit.

Bad rump roast!

grossgary that would be a suspension lift, it would be body if the subframes moved down.

I doubt you can go more than 2", and thats all you can do in an ea82. The problem is that the axles go over top of the suspension arms in the front (Im not sure on xt6s you should check to make sure) which causes them to hit the arms when you push them down too far. I went to great lengths to modify my front suspension to eliminate this problem.

possible? of course it's possible. i've never heard of anyone doing it. i've heard of people talking to air bag companies about options and seen people talk about ideas, but never seen anything attempted.

the stock air suspension has two height settings, the canadian models had the height switch standard on all XT6's. change height with the flick of a button.

COOL! I figure when I do my er27 swap into the brat I will go 3 inches body w/ 3 inches suspension. But ultimatly the air bag swap, as long as when they are fully deflated I can still get good the same traction and turning without alot of body roll that would kick rump roast!

and running your airbags all the way up would equal hardly any downtravel at all, which would suck for off-road and if you go far enough, could cause you to even lift wheels on the street on hard corners.

Ya I know i was thinking about that today. I went for a ride in my friends whip that has air bags and it would suck offroad!