Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good News and an Apology for previous posts.

First before anyone smacks me up side the head for posting yet again. :) I am sorry for so many previous posts on so many issues that could have been summed up in one post.

Please disreguard previous posts.

Allow me to sum up for those who were helping me and a million thanks on suggetions. :)

First, the tempature problem seems to indeed have been a sticky tstat. I put a 180 from NAPA in it and it seems to be fine now.

Second the whole car won't start bit. It turned out to be a danged fuse after all. :banghead:

As for the car idling ruff, the computer says I need a new EGR valve so I ordered one.

I did what you guys said and put the oil sender in the hole that was there and it worked great. :grin: Thanks.

So for anyone who was upset at mutliple posts, forgive me. And for anyone who helped me. Many many thanks.

And to Trogdor, don't sweat the small stuff, I like the car. :)

Now then, on to a lift and tires! :D

1 - no one is going to abuse you for posting. Its nice to have you back;)

2 - the EGR code from te computer doesn't tell you whether the EGR itself is bad, it simply refers to the ERG control solenoid. If you ordered the actual valve, you may wanna rethink that.

1 - no one is going to abuse you for posting. Its nice to have you back;)

2 - the EGR code from te computer doesn't tell you whether the EGR itself is bad, it simply refers to the ERG control solenoid. If you ordered the actual valve, you may wanna rethink that.

Where can I get a solenoid? The valve was not too much. I get employee cost on NAPA parts :)

glad to hear you got the oil p. gauge working! did you need an adapter?

dont be afraid to post that is why this is a message board

Miles,

DId not need an adapter. I found the hex screw and used an allen wrench to remove the plug. I screwed the sender into there and tightened it down. NO problems. I left the idoit light sender there. I could hook it up as well if I wanted to be ghetto :)