Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What it should of looked like.

Ahh.. but you see, I put a little more effort in :-p

I gave it all those features the old one has. like the sloop behind the doors, the bump on the roof for the roll-bar, and the right shape for the doors too.

Anyway, I'll shut up about how much better mine is :-p And give you guys and girls a new link. I posted this in the new gen subarus forum.... right here! What do you tihnk?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will have to try and send your pictures to FHI. They have to see them they are excellant.

I was doing some picture editing last night. I am kinda annoyed at the Subaru Baja. So I thought that my version is better. Heres a seriers of pictures that show you what I tried to do. Oh, and try to wait for the hole post to load before scrolling down. ;)

old_brat.jpg

What the beast looks like.

new_baja.jpg

What they done.

new_brat.jpg

What I would of done.

new_rex.jpg

What I done it out of.

new_bratlifted.jpg

The lifted one, as requested below :-p

I hope the ppl I used the pictures off of don't mind. If you do, I'll take 'em down.

And for the mods. I know this is a post with "new" subies in it, but I think its more appealing to us old brat and brumby lovers. Please don't move this post. Thank you.

sorry to sound dumb.... FHI??? whats that?

I tried sending them to Subaru (the USA site) they sent back something along these lines 'sorry, we cannot help you. you may want to contact your local (australian) Subaru." I'm like wtf??? I just sent them a link to this site saying have a look.. and please think it over. Oh well, maybe next time I'm in sydney I'll drop in to Subaru with some pictures. Oh wait, I've never been to sydey....

EDIT: oh and thanks.

Fuji Heavy Industries - Subaru's Parent Company

I tried sending them to Subaru (the USA site) they sent back something along these lines 'sorry, we cannot help you. you may want to contact your local (australian) Subaru." I'm like wtf??? I just sent them a link to this site saying have a look.. and please think it over. Oh well, maybe next time I'm in sydney I'll drop in to Subaru with some pictures. Oh wait, I've never been to sydey....

Well, at least you tried - I am not surprized given how things tend to go over here ..... I think you would have had better luck sending it to Japan - you need to find some sort of customer feedback forumn or something .... I don't know .... all I can say is that it is Subaru's loss ....

They don't have email you have to write to them at there head office in Japan.Those photos must turn heads over there I'm sure.

Great. Maybe if enough of us email them they will read what it is about :lol::grin:

This mite sound kinda dumb, but has anybody thought of a trayback Brumby (Brat)

I know that the body is one piece on the Brumby, but i have seen too many of these cars with damaged panels on the tray area.

Im just probably thinking weird:drunk: but who knows...

• 2 months later...

EDIT: oh and thanks.

Hey Phizinza, you need to contact Nick Senior who is the boss of Subaru Australia.

http://subaru.com.au/feedback/contact.asp

He is a Subaru nut and would love to see and read about this.

You into the rallying at all?

Sorry I haven't emailed earlier, but I've been on a offroad holiday :D I got a lot to learn about offroading! like how much ground clearance I have!

I emailed the Subaru guys again (using the link just up this page a bit, hope they reply)

I watch WRC and some of the Australian rally. I used to drive like a bat outta hell on the local dirt roads, but after rolling my brothers car I've slown down a tad :-/.

I live about 80K's south of adelaide (South Australia) Hahaha, with about 10mins of looking you could get my address off the internet now... (I betta be nice to every one, don't want anybody coming after me, or my subie!)

Nice to have you back man, how was your holiday?

It was great. Only done a few hours of offroading. Got stuck twice, but all in good fun. i got 20mins of video I might be able to get 30seconds of good stuff out of it.

I'm a little bit bored of driving, but i'm getting over that now. 1500km in 5 days isn't what i call fun, but the 4 - 6 hours of offroad was a blast... Just have to learn about the car a bit more. i'll post about it soon with picys.

• 1 month later...
If I made Subaru make one of these I would have to get them to give me one! Cos theres no way in hell I could afford it. Do you think I should make an appointment with Subaru? If I lived in the states I'd be at the Subaru factory door and wouldn't back off till I was promised they'd make one! I love my brat, but I'd love a new one even more! If it had a 6" lift, bullbar, rollbar, 6 spotties, and some serious wheels! Maybe, just maybe they'll be nice to me, and make a new Brat!

Bring me a car and I will make a brat out of it I love cutting up cars and modifiing them. the sawzall is one of my favorite tools

Haha. I would, but if you remember what i said about if subaru made one of these they would have to give me one as theres no way in hell I could aford it. Cutting u cars is fun, when you are doing a good job of it! :lol:

A normal ute looks like this one

chrismightyboy_01.jpg

A tray top looks like this

tray_top_2.jpg

Its basicly a tray made out of alloy.

Haha. I would, but if you remember what i said about if subaru made one of these they would have to give me one as theres no way in hell I could aford it. Cutting u cars is fun, when you are doing a good job of it! :lol:

A normal ute looks like this one

chrismightyboy_01.jpg

A tray top looks like this

tray_top_2.jpg

Its basicly a tray made out of alloy.

are these cars stock . do they come from the factory like this? or is a ute a custom one off

The pictures I showed are of Suzuki MightyBoy's. The tray top one is a custom job. But with Toyota Hilux's (sometimes called Toyota 4x4's) they can come from the factory like this. Also our local manufactures in Australia (ford and holden) do a tray top version of there utes (just a ute version of there sedans, falcon and commerdor.)

Its quite a commen thing here is Australia, don't know where else it is done.

• 4 months later...