Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Broken Clutch Cable!

Easy, Easy, Easy!

Just follow the same routing as your factory cable and then go buy a spare cause it will break again!! :banghead:

My cables always seem to break in heavy traffic while I'm waiting to make a left hand turn. Before I know it I'm in first gear traveling forward with no where to go :eek:

Besure you tighten the double nuts on the adjustment end so they don't adjust themselves....

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

WoW!

I think the challenge has been laid down! :eek:

I'd say the pressure is on!

Chelanbum if you don't beat their times then you may be restricted to the "Off the Topic Section" :lol:

We expect a full report! :cool:

I'd say the toughest part is getting the retaining washer off the clutch pedal pin.

took me like 1.5 hours on my 87 GL... (my fingers arent that nimble and climbing under the dash isnt that fun cause I'm like 6 foot, 240. I ended up pulling the pedal off its pivot to make it easier... not sure if it made it easier or harder. The worse part was getting the aluminum block thing on the cable assy to bolt on with ALL its holes... do it right... the last bolt will be hard to get it, but keep tinkering til they all go in. Otherwise it will shift around on you and mess up your adjustment I think.