Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New lift kit on the market

singletrack

For whatever reason our estemed moderators have chosen to bury the "new lift kit" thread.

So here's a link for those that missed it, as I would have had someone not told me about it.

I don't know anything about these kits or the people selling them, but folks come to this forum to learn about off-road Subarus, and information related to this subject should not be censored.

Going so far as to delete the "moved thread" flag was pretty asinine, I must say.

i dont understand why they moved it. it needs to be here so we can talk about it. not all of us check the market place every day.

guess you have to be a moderators friend to introduce anything new to the offroad subaru world. just check out this link, that zap let fly, in the offroad forum http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30202

its the same thing irishman tried to do. but since he dont hang out with zap. he got his moved to the marketplace.

the pnw guys always try to soil the name of anyone new trying to supply the subaru world with much needed products! people have been lifting, and putting transfercases under everything from camaros, to vws, FOREVER!

you never see pk, or mudrat goin off half cocked about this stuff, and they are the ones who acutaly build the stuff. its because they know competition is only a good thing, and nobodys gonna get rich off of subaru offroad crap for 80s disposable cars anyway, so i dont see what the big deal is.

Let us learn to temper our inflamatory remarks. If it got moved to the marketplace, that's because it is where it belongs. I read the thread as it progressed, and yes, it did sound a bit accusatory, but the new seller seemed to handle it well. I think all will work out in the end and no one will be the worse off for it.

I'm gonna tell you all this first. I did not touch the thread. There are several moderators, Someone else moved it.

Second. If people want to advertise a product for sale, they can do so in the Marketplace. Not in any other forum, including this one.

Third. Double and triple posting is not allowed. He not only posted his add here, he posted it in the old gen as a thread and also as a response to "Making a GL faster".

And lastly. My only beef with the new kit are his own words about it. Those would be that he drove his kit for 10,000 miles then compared it to a BYB kit and made improvements to his.

I'm not against anyone else selling kits, but don't wanna see anyone get their idea stolen so someone else can profit. Not accusing the new guy who does make me question him by his user name. Shady irishman.

If anyone buys a kit from him and puts up a post with a review one way or another, I'll add a link to his website selling the kits right along side Mudrat and PK.

I will post the review in the FAQ whether it is positive or negative. His work and service will speak for itself. The more lift kits the better. Lift 'em all and let god sort 'em out. is what I say.

its the same thing irishman tried to do. but since he dont hang out with zap. he got his moved to the marketplace

Way out of line Archemites. You don't like me, you even went so far as to say You have beef with me. Your reason being that I commented that we tell the newbies to search for a topic. You couldn't find the thread because you did a search for "Offroad FAQ". That was enough for you to fly off the handle and let the pms fly. If you would have instead searched for "offroad questions", or other words longer than 3 letters you would have had more success. That's fine, be mad at me.

But you'd better watch how you attack a moderator in a public forum. And I'm not talking about the person ZAPAR, but the moderator priveleges themselves.