Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 MPG numbers

nice size for lift on mpg compare other. haha.

:confused::confused::confused:

If you are insinuating I lifted that from someone else, you're dead wrong man. That was my car. Till my brother and I swapped cars. The username for Bub matches the username for PandaWagon.:)

Oregon Law highway 55mph.

34mpg highway.

28mpg city.:cool:

Now that's what I'm talking about. Oregon is one of the only states to not increase their speed limit on highways and freeways and resist oil company lobbying, as per the fed. It results in MUCH less fuel consumption (some people don't like that) and fewer fatalities. My mpg in the outback drops about 5 mpg between 65 and 75 mph. My fatalities have stayed a steady rate.:rolleyes:

Anyways, out here in CO at 7000 feet I get

1987 GL, 4" lift, 27's, 140000 mi: about 28/24 mpg (we'll see what it gets after the EJ swap)

1998 Legacy Outback, 2" lift, 130000 mi: 27/23 mpg (and decreasing yearly)

2004 Impreza Outback Sport, 80000 mi: 34/29 mpg (lead-foot)

I got 33mpg on one tankful in my XT6 (4EAT w/ FT4WD) on a stretch in California and Oregon with the cruise set at 55mph. It makes a big difference. Seems the wall is 60mph, keep under that and your mileage goes up, sometimes quite a bit.

The EJ swap will get a little worse mileage in town if you are using the extra horsepower, but out on the highway, at the same speeds as you ran with the ea82, it will be about the same. If you're delicate with the happy peddle, better than the EA82. :)

I got 33mpg on one tankful in my XT6 (4EAT w/ FT4WD) on a stretch in California and Oregon with the cruise set at 55mph. It makes a big difference. Seems the wall is 60mph, keep under that and your mileage goes up, sometimes quite a bit.

The EJ swap will get a little worse mileage in town if you are using the extra horsepower, but out on the highway, at the same speeds as you ran with the ea82, it will be about the same. If you're delicate with the happy peddle, better than the EA82. :)

This is what seem to be true with mine. 86 D/R 5spd and I can get 28 in town and 23 on the highway.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Oregon is one of the only states to not increase their speed limit on highways and freeways and resist oil company lobbying, as per the fed. It results in MUCH less fuel consumption (some people don't like that) and fewer fatalities. My mpg in the outback drops about 5 mpg between 65 and 75 mph. My fatalities have stayed a steady rate.:rolleyes:

Anyways, out here in CO at 7000 feet I get

1987 GL, 4" lift, 27's, 140000 mi: about 28/24 mpg (we'll see what it gets after the EJ swap)

1998 Legacy Outback, 2" lift, 130000 mi: 27/23 mpg (and decreasing yearly)

2004 Impreza Outback Sport, 80000 mi: 34/29 mpg (lead-foot)

Now I'm less concerned about my mileage down here in Colorado Springs, as it's about the same as yours with alot of in-town driving and doing 75 on the hwy to Ft. Carson (with severe lead-footing to match speed on the on ramps). I guess the altitudes here have some say in our slightly lower mpg.

Now I'm less concerned about my mileage down here in Colorado Springs, as it's about the same as yours with alot of in-town driving and doing 75 on the hwy to Ft. Carson (with severe lead-footing to match speed on the on ramps). I guess the altitudes here have some say in our slightly lower mpg.

Yeah, is it not like 3% or 4% drop in air density per 1000 ft? That adds up for those of us that live in the 4000-8000 ft elevation.:eek:

I had an '88 sedan 2wd 5spd at one time, never got below 30mpg around town. On the highway, it could regularly get 37mpg but on a trip back from Nashville with a strong tailwind I got 41. That car got excellent mileage.

That's the beauty of a light car. The 2WD sedans are the lightest of the group and with no rear drive train, there's less losses that eat away at the MPGs.:clap: