Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can anyone recomend a good subaru repair shop in Seattle area...

I live in the Everett/Mill Creek area and I am looking for a reputable/honest/fair shop around town. The closer to home the better, but North Seattle/Northgate wouldn't be to far south.

I am looking for someone that I can take my car into and have them see if they can figure out some of the cooling/crappy running issues it has. I am so busy right now that I just don't have time to play with it, I need to bite the bullet and pay someone.....

I think I remeber seeing a shop on Aurora, around 80th or so, that always seems to have Sub's sitting out front. Anybody know anything???

Thanks a lot........

Travis

My roomate works at Smart Service, and I too will say it is THE BEST shop in the area.

Just be aware, that being THE BEST comes with a price and you completely get what you pay for.

If the quote from Smart scares you, PM me, I'm local to you (live off 180th and Bothell-Everett now) and would be more than happy to look at some stuff with you.

Best of luck!

Long ago I had an axle replaced there... while it was done, that axle nut needed to be retightened a couple of days later, as it was not torque'd down enough.

I would not go to Suburb Service (also known as Subaru's Only) for any service...

If you don't mind going to Tacoma, you should go to Pacific Import Auto. They specialize in Subaru's, and really know there stuff. 253-536-0389

I can also vouch for Steve at Pacific. He is a good guy and knows his stuff. But a 75 mile trip with an ailing car doesn't sound pleasant.

I looooooove Smart Service. My 96 Legacy looooooves Smart Service. I've been to Carter, and to Suburb Service. Well, I gotta tell ya, Smart Service is my choice. In fact, I just had my car worked on today. (Thanks, guys! Twobaru is a happy subie now!)

• 5 years later...

Hey I live in North Seattle, and had to drive a bit, but I just had the best experience and wanted to give a shout out. This guy is in Spanaway, near Tacoma/Puyallup, and he is awesome! He advertised that he beat dealership quotes so I thought I'd send over mine just to see the difference. He saved me $1650 when the job was all said and done. UH, WORTH IT!!!!!!

The company name is Tool Guru but for the life of me I can't remember the owner's name. When you call it goes right to him, tho, and he's the one who works on your car and it's all personal service. 253-310-8883. I will definitely make the drive down South again.

• 9 months later...

I think you mean Andy's on Aurora. Around 80th or 85th. My brother had taken is 01 Outback to him for many years. He is honest. I agree with the thumbs-down on Suburb Automotive in Lake Forest Park. They have an impressive web site, HOWEVER....they toute a free oil change on that web site. I took them up on it. The women (not the owner) could not have been unfriendlier if they tried, totally ignored me while I waited inside. I think they did a good job on the oil change but I will never go back. I asked them for a quote on a 30k svc, they sd around $600.00. NOT IMPRESSED with their total lack of customer service. I will check out Smart Service for any un-warrantied maintanence.

In Auburn, it's the shop on 'A' Street that does Subies and Volvos. They are very good, and have fair pricing. You drive out of town toward Sumner on A street and you'll see them on your left near the state emissions testing facility. The owner is real nice, and will let you pay off the bill in two or three payments if you wish. No worries. He won't try to keep your car.

And it's better if the axle nut is too loose and they have to re-torque it. (earlier post) Too tight and it's a real problem, REAL quick.

Edited by Robert M