Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Convertible update?

Its been a while since I have checked in on the Subaru board. I was just wondering if there are any new developments in the convertible department.

I know ritchie had one. I thought that there was another convertible owner or two on this board up in Connecticut. I recently saw the 4wd turbo convertible from Lake Tahoe sell on Ebay: wow! That thing was awesome.

So I am just wondering if anyone on this board has made any progress as far getting thier conv. in shape. Any news pics to post?

Thanks.

-Jack

Yup,that'd be Andrew-a.k.a. WagonsOnly. I think he still has it.

One sold on eBay out of Darien CT within the last year or so.

The one that sold on ebay out of Darien, that happened since Andrew got his?

The car from Darien, do you remember any specifics? Color, trim line, options, etc? Has anyone ever seen another 4WD or turbo besides the Salt lake city convertible that just sold on ebay?

Darien car was light blue,2wd,nothing exceptional.

Hey,Andrew is going to Atlanta to bring back a '73.

He's got a post going looking for contacts along the way.Please check it out and see if you can contact him.You might get to see it before I do....and he'll tell you about the convert's I'm sure.

Darien car was light blue,2wd,nothing exceptional.

Hey,Andrew is going to Atlanta to bring back a '73.

He's got a post going looking for contacts along the way.Please check it out and see if you can contact him.You might get to see it before I do....and he'll tell you about the convert's I'm sure.

I will definately let him know that he is welcome to crash or call me for emergency stuff. I'm a couple hours from 95 (as I guess you remember) but will be glad to help out any way I can.

Do you remember what year the Darien car was? Did someone on the board buy it? Is Andrew's the only one with round headlights that we know of?

By the way (and off of the topic) what did you end up doing with that brush guard that you got from me?

Lol.. Probably no where near what you are looking for... But check my page out. Theres a Subaru convertible there!:brow:

Theres a link to the page with my Subaru at the bottom of that page as well.

Any one got any pictures of a real Convertible?

I'm still looking for pics. I will find them in a minute. A drop top WRX would be great! I did actually see a prototype of an Imprezza convertible on tv at a car show once.

Yeah, I am definately not sold on the stock appearance of the convertible subes, but I can't stop thinking about the potential for improvements! I do think that a nice set of alloys makes them look nicer. There is a picture of a black one floating around that has nice rims. It looks great. I think a roll bar would look cool.

hmm. I think I like the hard tops better... It looked alright with the soft top up tho :)