Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Questions to the Brat from 1983

Hello, my name was Norbert and i come from Germany.

I have buy 1 week ago a Subaru Brat from the year 1983 to put my motorcycles on the loading area to transport.

As I found out, give it probably only to 5 to 7 Brats in Germany, but one does not drive is well-known so far.

After 400KM the fun began first times.

Only the oil pan seal is leaky and then had I to determine that the oil pump is broken.

The housing, which comes to the Engine is separated from the internal round part in that the rotor from the oil pump runs.

Now my Subaru Dealer who place may be occupied with it.

Now I´m looking for dealers where i can buy spare parts around the world.

The shipping from Japan to Germany lasts always for a very long time.

Where do I get Parts (springs and/or absorber) to bring the Brat down 1" down?

Where is there seat which one simply to insert can without something to change?

Sorry for my english

Norbert

7d_1_b.JPG

as for the lowering the brat. American versions of the brat have some sort of a torsion bar in the back in the EA81 motor style of the brat. The front struts should have 2 adjuster nuts on the bottom of the coil springs on each strut. I'm pretty sure you could crank them down and it would lower the brat.

Hello,

thanks for the answer torxxx, when i have my brat back i look at this and then we will see what i do.

I dont have enough time to look under the brat and i have not enough time to drive the brat. But i hope the oil pump comes very quick from Japan an my dealer can removal the rest of the old oil pump, so i can drive my brat.

@Sweet82

the brat has become a new color in the beginning of the year an i have by this so.

The brat stand 6 years an any person has by him and have weld it an pint it new. At the picture the brat looks better then the original but ist ok!

Nobody now what this car ist and this is good.

Can i put the seats from the Impreza into the Brat or must i remodel the console where the seat comes to the ground ?

Norbert

Hello,

no Problem, i dont have so much pictures from it, but the picture that i have you can see....

53_1_b.JPG

7d_1_b.JPG

1d_1_b.JPG

e1_1_b.JPG

62_1_b.JPG

87_1_b.JPG

Thats all....

the next pictures i make, when i have the brat back from my dealer an have build the support to transport my Motobikes on the loading surface.

In the First i need new seats an would be bringt the Brat 1" down.

The wheels from ATS with 185/60/14

Norbert