Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I think I have a bit to learn...

Well, I finally got my subie back together. Clutch + some little extras. I took her for a drive on the dirt. It seems 80% of the time whe I get her side ways she first understeers then I correct a little and then she OVERSTEERS!!! So the I correct and i seem to zig zag up the road for a bit... In my bros 88' Ford Telstra turbo (Mazda 626) what happens is you turn into the corner, get it sideways and it just understeers till it straightens up. Any ideas or tips you could give me so I don't kill my self one day by driving my poor subie off the road? I would gladly accept anything, even "your just crap at driving" because I'm starting to think that myself......

Yeah, I know not to come off the power. Its just because its understeering I correct it, maybe I'll try to just let it silde then straighten up. Maybe then it wont get massive oversteer... I gotta go out today, so I guess I'll go give that a go :grin: