Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New air intake for '92 Loyale

I am looking for a good cone style open/cold air intake for my EA82 fuel injected '92 Loyale.

Everything that I have found so far won't fit the bolt spacing past the sensor on the factory air intake. If anyone has some suggestions on where to get an intake kit that will fit please let me know! Thanks

-cmiller

You will get good results by taking off the air filter housing and cutting a hole or drilling a lotof small holes in it. Lets it breathe a lot better than just having the small stock intake hole. It'll rev much better over 4000 rpm.

I am looking for a good cone style open/cold air intake for my EA82 fuel injected '92 Loyale.

Everything that I have found so far won't fit the bolt spacing past the sensor on the factory air intake. If anyone has some suggestions on where to get an intake kit that will fit please let me know! Thanks

-cmiller

You will get good results by taking off the air filter housing and cutting a hole or drilling a lotof small holes in it. Lets it breathe a lot better than just having the small stock intake hole. It'll rev much better over 4000 rpm.

On a flow bench, without an air filter, or a bottom, the top airbox, maf, hose, tb and intake will only flow 3 cfm better than if its stock. which if you're getting 100% VE, thats 1 hp.