Ultimate Subaru Message Board

do you get these?

Yeah we get them. Most are pretty rough. Occassionaly you'll find one in decent shape. The Coupe's, Hatches, Brats, Wagons and Sedan's all made there way here. Only a few people have used them for off-road use here.

The sedan was sold in the US from 1980-1984. Most of them were 2WD, and as not being as desirable as a Wagon and not a 4WD, they have a higher rate of ending up at the wrecking yard than the Wagon, Coupe or BRAT.

The 4WD Sedans only came out in 83-84, and were only available as Automatic non-turbo. These made them very sluggish. ( I know because my grandmother had one, and use to have to take it to the mountain when I was 15-16)

Being an automatic, they are not good for 4wheeling, so people have either converted to a 4speed or have converted a 2WD to 4WD (only Hondasucks, I know of)

The 2WD came with metal bumpers, usually chrome, but the 4WD came with the plastic bumper like on the 4WD Wagons, so it it interesting that your vehicle has plastic bumpers.

This one was the gl-5 it came with the plastic bumpers and was a 5 speed 2wd. I put the 4wd dr box in and a wagon rear end in it. It had the up market dash with all the extra gauges like taco, oil pressure, amp etc. I chose this for a conversion as it like the ones over there have no offroad use. They are less likely to have rust which the wagons and brats are prone to in aus. Thanks for your replies guys its good to hear whats out and about.