Ultimate Subaru Message Board

She runs again!!!

I pulled the carb off, cleaned it, now it runs again. The carb had some dirt in the bowl, blew that out, cleaned all holes and passages, it works like a new one. Thanks to everyone here for thier help, you guys rock!!

Question guys, mine is starving for fuel, figure it might be filter. I changed the one on the drivers firewall/wheelwell. No luck. Now the part store sold me 2 filters. Where is the other one?? Or could it be a fuel pump. I had to get it home the other day by keeping it under 2K RPMs. So any suggestions?? '83 1800 GL Wagon 4sp.

2nd fuel pump is near the passenger side rear wheel arch. If you poke your head under the drivers side rear wheel, in front of the wheel... look driectly across and you will find a filter there. This is also where the pump is. There is a guard for the pump so it is a little hidden. A torch will be your ally, use the force and goto it.

(this is on my EA82... i think your car will be the same.)

Hey people thanks!!!!:banana: I'll go look. Damn thing about died on me again. Kept is around 2K in 2nd gear to limp it home. Surely don't want to rip the carb off yet. Seems if I let it idle for a minute, I could romp on it for about an 1/8 mile and it started the bucking and jerking. Seems like it's gonna be an OK car when I get the rotors/drums turned and wheels rebalanced.

2nd fuel pump is near the passenger side rear wheel arch. If you poke your head under the drivers side rear wheel, in front of the wheel... look driectly across and you will find a filter there. This is also where the pump is. There is a guard for the pump so it is a little hidden. A torch will be your ally, use the force and goto it.

(this is on my EA82... i think your car will be the same.)

Gee thanks Ron...:rolleyes: A torch sounds good but "no cigar"....:lol: I found it and it was clogged with looked like water. I don't know, it looked milky. Anyhoo, that did the trick. Now for some wire and a coil as you all have suggest in other posts. Vacuume advance is screwed, but gave it a tweak in the advanced direction and I'll go with it for now.