Ultimate Subaru Message Board

torque bind?

make sure you have the same size tires all the way around, and proper air pressure

to make sure your at works properly check the front gear oil, it has a separate dip stick under the spare tire on top of the tranny. a lot of people dont know this is there and it goes dry resulting in diff failutes or worn governor shaft, broken speedos, etc

also those who do find it put ATF in ther instead of gear lube like the rear diff would take

so previous owners should be more dreaded than torque bind

I must have one of that 1%, then! :brow::) (90 Turbo Loyale) I wasn't sure what else they stuck them in.

Anyway, as I replied to one of his other posts, "torque bind" isn't quite the same in the 3AT as with a manual, because it uses a clutch pack instead of gear engagement. Press the button and bind goes away.

• 1 year later...

I think we should have a big notice up somewhere (when you join maybe?) that says "Please do not add to old posts unless entirely necessary..."

Think about it though, your the one tellin them to use the search all the time. They wouldn't find these old threads if they didn't :-p