Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power light

The "power" mode raises the shift points for the transmission for better acceleration. A qiuck jab on the throttle peddle will bring it on.

The AWD 4EAT uses a variable clutch pack to transfer power to the back wheels as it senses slip in the front. Default is torque split is 90 front/10 rear but will go upto locked 50/50 under slip.

Gary

Annnnnnd, a varistor can be attached to the duty soleniod C to adjust the ratio to the rear :brow: I havent done it yet, have the part, but some others over at XT6.net have.

Mini 'jack: Turbone, unless my belief is wrong, the varistor wouldn't really work very well. Do you have a link, or are you going to make me go to XT6.net and search? :-p

End 'jack

The "power" mode raises the shift points for the transmission for better acceleration. A qiuck jab on the throttle peddle will bring it on.

The AWD 4EAT uses a variable clutch pack to transfer power to the back wheels as it senses slip in the front. Default is torque split is 90 front/10 rear but will go upto locked 50/50 under slip.

Gary

Well, I just put an ea81 motor in an an ea82 car with this tranny. I think I'm gonna have to hook up the throttle position sensor to the carb on the ea81 for it all to work right. This has been fun.:rolleyes:

Yep, TPS is what sets the "power mode". I'd bet you're getting a TCU error code without the TPS. Is the power light always on or flashing?

Gary

It was flashing for a while, last time it came on solid. I wonder if I just plugged it in and left it in the idle position if it would take it out of the power mode?

If its on solid from start up and never goes out you're not "in" power mode. The power mode light functions as a "CEL" for the TCU, a CTL I guess. If its always on or flashing its telling you the TCU has stored or active codes. Somewhere here or over on Legacy Central there is a procedure for checking and clearing the TCU codes.

Gary