Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Brat

if im not mistaken, the rear wheel wells are metal in a brat. your bes bet would possibly be to get sone mew metal shaped and welded in. also, i think that the wheel well is also structural where it holds the rear struts.

i might be wrong on this though, i just fell outta bed like 5 minutes ago.

im sure that someone with more expiriance with brats and other ea81 cars will chime in soon though.

peace

tim

yes thanks ,it is structural i didn't want to weld them if possible ,i wanted to fully replace them ,but it looks like im out of luck and am going to have to get the old welding gear out

thanks again

mark

if im not mistaken, the rear wheel wells are metal in a brat. your bes bet would possibly be to get sone mew metal shaped and welded in. also, i think that the wheel well is also structural where it holds the rear struts.

i might be wrong on this though, i just fell outta bed like 5 minutes ago.

im sure that someone with more expiriance with brats and other ea81 cars will chime in soon though.

peace

tim

no maybe not,its the wheel arches which you can see in the back of the pickup which act as inner /outer arches and also support the suspention strut

When I look inside of the rear wheel wells of my Brat I don't see any arches (inner wheel well coverings). Am I missing something?