Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DSC03920.thumb.jpg

98 Legacy GT 2.5 4EAT ... Ran out of room for the pic.. but I've had it up to ~135 down a 5% downgrade.. I bought it with 45k miles on it and never did anything to the ECU except unplug it once in a while..

I guess I've never really understood how a person driving over 120mph has the time to take a picture of their speedo?? Must take more guts than I have . . . :brow:

I just bought an 06 outback wagon xt yesterday and threy are liimited at 130 mph

if i remember correctly, subaru puts in a speed govenor at 110mph.. all of the newer subarus that i have driven ( from the begining of the legacy and on) have stopped at 110..... im not sure about the imprezas though......

I guess I've never really understood how a person driving over 120mph has the time to take a picture of their speedo?? Must take more guts than I have . . . :brow:

Nah, it just takes a lot less brains. . . :grin:

At 140, I would be doing nothing but driving. Perhaps someone else could take the pic over my shoulder?

I have Had my 92 SVX up too 150 twice, during 2 races on 91, the first was racing a supped up GTI jetta, and the other was 3 motorcycles who promted me first, not only were they surprised (then asking what kind of car- always too follow by many) but they never got in front of me, dipping at 150 across 3 and 4 lanes is not easy i guess for 2 wheelers! :brow:

Had my wife's 97 Outback Impreza sport to about 90mph... but I have had my 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 to about 175 mph. :brow:

Yeah, but I would be a lot more comfortable at that speed in my Subie. At least that way I have a bit of real metal around me in case anything happened. . .