Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The RX is now ready...

Now I was good-heartedly picking.

That my friend is an all out. call out.

If this were say, the 18th century, you would have a glove imprint on your cheek.

Yeah, but autocross is always more fun when you smack talk first! :D

Actually, I've yet to run against his RX when it was in top form (it was always vs him in the GL-10 or vs him codriving my own car :lol: ), but he did have some impressive finishes with it when it was fully prepped (I just wish it could have coincided with me actually attending those events as well).

The RS vs RX battle should be very interesting. Flywheel estimates put my RS (cams, exhaust and a flywheel is all I have for "power mods" at the moment, most of my mods are suspension related) close to 200hp/210lb-ft and with an unbelievably flat torque curve, but even though my car is relatively light (mid-2700s in race trim) he most definitely has the weight advantage and he should be making at least similar (if not greater) peak hp numbers. I should have more cornering grip than him, though, unless he suddenly gets ahold of some grippier, wider tires (I'm on 225/50-15 V710s (and very new V710s at that) at the moment).

indeed...the smack talk is most normal for the NASIOC-SE peeps into the autox scene....

I will be on 13x5 rims with 215/50/13 Ecsta V700's on them at autox tread depth that are aproaching a year old now...so shane definatly has the physical tire grip advantage....

weight, I do have him. 2600~2615 is how much the RX weighs in at witha full tank of fuel.

our spring rates are similar...but Shane has the advantage of Koni inserts, as I am on worn out KYBs.

as for suspension bushings..i dont know what shane has, but I have full polyurethane...

I have more camber and castor too!

then it comes down to driver...im sure we will swap cars for a few runs to see what is what...

our spring rates are similar...

Which means mine are too low then...LOL. Of course, from what I've read 350-400 lbs is about the max spring rate that the off-the-shelf Konis will handle (I'm running 350 lb 8" springs (Ground Control setup) front and rear), so any more would require getting the Konis revalved. I am seriously tempted to go to a much higher spring rate next season and send the Konis off to get revalved to match (especially now that I have the 00LGT as a daily driver). :D

as for suspension bushings..i dont know what shane has, but I have full polyurethane...

The Whiteline swaybars I have installed have poly bushings and the top mounts consist of bushingless camber/castor plates in the front and STi group N mounts in the rear. All the remaining suspension bushings are stock, though.

I have more camber and castor too!

Camber, probably, but I do have a good bit of castor on this thing. I need to get an alignment done, so I have the exact numbers to compare.

then it comes down to driver...im sure we will swap cars for a few runs to see what is what...

Well lately, you haven't been able to keep up with me driving my car, but you've been known to lay down some really fast runs in both cars, so I guess we'll see when the time comes. :D