Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks guys , took off the belts tonight and found pully nut was lose enough to take off with my fingers . Inside of pully is eaten out and not much of key is left . My question is, is that key part of the crankshaft or is it one of those slide in cause thers not much left of it. Lots of login problems here,had to change password 3 times. Site will not email back wuth answers.

had it happen on 91 legacy

before i noticed it was too late to save

used jb weld and got many miles out of it but finally last week had to put in another engine cause i couldnt repeat the jb trick

checking that pully nut is now going to be a regular on my maintenance list

How's the keyway in the crankshaft look? If you're lucky, it's okay and you can replace the pulley, woodriff key, and bolt (yep, change all three!). If the keyway in the crank is damaged, I'd try the JB weld trick someone else mentioned and lock-tite the bolt. If you're lucky, it will hold. Cheap to try. Good luck.

Thanks guys , took off the belts tonight and found pully nut was lose enough to take off with my fingers . Inside of pully is eaten out and not much of key is left . My question is, is that key part of the crankshaft or is it one of those slide in cause thers not much left of it. Lots of login problems here,had to change password 3 times. Site will not email back wuth answers.