Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my car is no more

rallyrx

Sorry to hear about that, but glad you're alright.

THe car MAY be salvageable. I'm not seeing any apparent damage other than the door and lower sill, but that's obviously not a pure indicator. I'd buy it back from the insurance company, even if they DO total it. Put a new door on it and see if it will run straight down the road. If it does, then re-title it, new plates and RALLY ON! IF not, then you may be able to straighten it yourself and maybe use it as track toy.

Insurance companies opinion? Definiately totaled.

My opinion? The rocker panel is dented but not bent. the alignment should be still good. the B pilar looks bad, but some sledge hammer work at the bottom might straighten it out enough for a replacement door to work. Hey, it'll never be as pretty, but it should drive the same. Glad your OK.

my buddy had an 87 300zx that got T-boned. he bought the car back from the insurance co after they totalled it, iirc. then he had it put on some crazy frame stretching machine for like 6 hours that bent everything back into shape. got a new paintjob after that, and it was right as rain.