Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Door panel removal for speaker install

I know this might sound like a bit of a noob question but I haven't gotten a haynes manual yet and I couldn't find anything in the search function... my question is do you have to remove the entire door panel to get to the front speakers? Or is there a much easier way of doing it?

Thanks for the help.

assuming you have an EA82 (might work with others, but I don't know), it CAN be done without removing the door panel, but it's a PITA! you could just pull out the little plastic clips (i.e. yank on the door panel, and they pop out, usually) and fold it up, and do the whole thing from the ground, with the door panel leaning on your head...

or you could take out the 3 screws that hold the handle on, pull of the little plastic trim piece from around the latch/lock, pop off the same plastic clips, and lift the whole panel off the door, makes for VERY easy access to the speakers....I'd definately recommend this!

The major component that needs to come off is the arm rest. Then remove the little screw that holds the plastic trim inside the door handle and lock, this has little clasps top and bottom holding it to the handle so it may take a small screwdriver to get it out. Then from the bottom corners, give the panel a quick sharp pull. This will pull the plastic pins out of the door, these are all around the bottom and half way up the sides. Once you get it loose, you need to pull the bottom out and lift up to get the rubber trim on top out of the door.

• Like 1