Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a '99 ob wagon 5 speed that has developed a creak when depressing the clutch especially bad when engine is warm and in heavy stop and go traffic. Creak is definitely coming from the engine compartment. Also noticed that sometimes when engine is warm and used clutch a lot the peddle "sticks" in down position when depressed and doesn't want to return to return. All is ok when engine is cool? Any ideas? Slave cylinder?

The shaft that the clutch throw out bearing slides on needs lubrication.

If you remove the intake/air filter box, then detach the clutch cable - or slave cylinder, and remove the rubber boot around the clutch fork you will gain access.

It's tight, but a long brush with a bit of high temp grease on it (copper or lithium) should cure the creaking.

think that might help the cricket sound coming from my clutch? mine only makes noise when my foot is lightly on the pedal, goes away when foot it into it or when completely off the pedal.

The shaft that the clutch throw out bearing slides on needs lubrication.

If you remove the intake/air filter box, then detach the clutch cable - or slave cylinder, and remove the rubber boot around the clutch fork you will gain access.

It's tight, but a long brush with a bit of high temp grease on it (copper or lithium) should cure the creaking.

• 3 months later...