Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More Bad Gas Mi

Murphy, the $500 87 T-Wag with 3 spd A/T is a thirsty girl on the freeway; only getting about 17 mpg, 277 mi on full tank of gas. Maybe coincidence, but when I'm hitting about 70, the check engine light comes on momentarily, and going up hill on the gapevine, she does get hot, but doesn't loose power (no clogged cat). Any thoughts?

PS. I just read the other gas mileage post and may replace the O2 sensor.

o2 sensor, air filter, run chevron techron injector cleaner for a tank, check your timing

The Chevron fuel system cleaner is some GOOD stuff. Nothing else I've used compares.

Are you a leadfoot? I've found the fuel economy in my soobs varies tremendously depending on how they're driven.

i just had all the pipes replaced (without the cats) on my 85 gl wagon. took it for a run on the highway down to phoenix and back to prescott which is about a 200 mile drive roundtrip and ive got a little under a half tank left. it looks as though its getting around 29 or 30 mpg with the rocket box on top. :headbang: