Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stolen SVX Involved in televised car chase for sale on eBay

I can't believe that 30 people would bid on it and that someone is willing to pay over 5000 for it! It's kinda cool knowing it was in a car chase, but it looks like it was really smashed up. I wouldn't pay that much for it, but I forgot about the huge screwdriver, so that makes it worth it! :-)

ROFLMAO!

Whenever I see somebody like Bill O'Reily or Sean Hannity on TV, I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry!

"Fair and balanced" About as fair as a meter maid, and as balanced as Charles Manson.

If you spend more time trying to convince people you are fair and balanced then you do on the news, maybe its time to re-evaluate your priorities.

BTW, this is the 5th "the SVX in the police chase is on ebay" thread

ok ladies, that's enough. let's not get this moved to off-topic.

this site's about cars not politics.

Who mentioned politics? :-) There are a lot of things to be fair and balanced about.

Their other motto: "We report, you decide"

-Heikki

(male)

Back on topic: I understand people trying to help this guy out, but take that money and buy yourself an SVX that isn't trashed! Maybe I'm just jealous that I don't have $5k to throw around. ($5k being the current bid last I checked)

Who mentioned politics? :-) There are a lot of things to be fair and balanced about.

Their other motto: "We report, you decide"

-Heikki

(male)

Back on topic: I understand people trying to help this guy out, but take that money and buy yourself an SVX that isn't trashed! Maybe I'm just jealous that I don't have $5k to throw around. ($5k being the current bid last I checked)

the only thing to be biased about in news is politics. Come on, you guys have CNN, CNN Headline, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and MTV. Stop complaning about one channel that may be biased away from your views and the views of the other channels.

but yes...back on topic: i agree. 5k to throw away on a trashed car that was on tv for 5 seconds and will be forgotten about in 3 more days if not already would be nice to have.

i wouldn't doubt it.

How do we know that the car being sold is the real deal? Could be a scam. Some guy has the same make and model car, gets it smashed up and then tries to sell it for some bucks and makes up a story about it being the chase vehicle and the insurance company not giving them enough money for it. I went to the ebay listing the other day and only saw news pics of the vehicle....no close ups of what it looks like now. How do we 'know' that the car in the chase is the one on sale??

UC

I'm glad it looks like they're going to be getting some money back out of a painful ordeal. It's not their fault that the car was stolen, or that people are willing to bid it up more than it's worth.

They do seem to have a really strange taste in music though. :lol:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackFromSellers&userid=zachmalm&items=-1&item=-1&de=off

How do we know that the car being sold is the real deal? Could be a scam. Some guy has the same make and model car, gets it smashed up and then tries to sell it for some bucks and makes up a story about it being the chase vehicle and the insurance company not giving them enough money for it. I went to the ebay listing the other day and only saw news pics of the vehicle....no close ups of what it looks like now. How do we 'know' that the car in the chase is the one on sale??

UC

not everyone's out to get you. you could check the public records of the liscence plate of the stolen car and ask the seller ifit matched. might even be able to do it with the VIN