Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt6 throttle body on spyder intake ?

Okay I have read the other thread on the xt6 throttle body and have decided I want to try this. I have an extra turbo spyder intake and I just got a xt6 throttle body off ebay. One thing I have noticed is that the throttle body does not have the idle adjustment and the fast idle adjustment. Did I get the propper throttle body from the guy. Is the xt6 different than the xt spider throttle body.

What are the differences and how to get around not having the idle adjustment. Or is their some other year xt6 trhottle body that is more like the xt spider throttle body.

WJM has successfully mounted an XT6 throttle body onto a spyder intake. Yes the two TBs are different and he got it to work but I think he was still having some problems with the wiring of the TPS and something else...

Correct.

The attempt was only 1/2 sucessfull....sucessful in ruining a spyder intake and then having a car that runs like crap.

The two TB's do not interchange anything. You will have to re-wire the TPS to work. You will have to make new throttle cable brackets. You will have to figure out how to properly get the throttle actuation correct. Then...you will have to figure out how to adjust idle and make the car idle...as the XT6 is like EJ engines in the fact that idle is electronically controlled.

However, it can be done...IF done with the proper time investment and wanting to do things right.

First step is honing out the spyder plenum to the XT6 size...2.5 inches. THEN...making an adapter plate to bolt the TB on...then, figure out the rest.

hummm...twin turbo twin throttle body??? lol

I was just thinkin, with the spyer intake injector housing's it'd be a sinche to make up new plenums and twin throttle body's. Just getting them sync'd is the fun part....But of course only one PROPER tps needed.... Humm gears are turning....lol

hummm...twin turbo twin throttle body??? lol

I was just thinkin, with the spyer intake injector housing's it'd be a sinche to make up new plenums and twin throttle body's. Just getting them sync'd is the fun part....But of course only one PROPER tps needed.... Humm gears are turning....lol

My other car has dual throttle bodies. 3.5L Chrysler Concorde (Dodge Intrepid). Twin Holley's stock. Accel/CC cable, TB, bar with spring, set screw, TB, TPS. I stuck some custom throttle body spacers on too. Some pics in gallery. LINK. I can get ya more info if needed.

--Ed