Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've tried searching for this without any luck.

The auto trans shifter light is out in my 1998 Legacy Outback. What kind of bulb is in there? Can I get one from an autoparts store or Radio Shack, or does it have to be OEM? Also, how do I get in there to replace the bulb?

Thanks.

lekmedm

To take this apart...lift up the lid to the center console, take the 2 screws out. The plastic piece will now lift up and come out from where you take the screws out, down t below the ash tray. It comes out in 2 pieces, the second piece needs to be turned and is slightly more difficult to get out. Then these is another case to remove to expose underneith the shifter plastic. I am not sure where the lights are located but I have had mine apart this far and it is simple. After you see the lights, take them to radio shack or the dealer to find a close match.

I've tried searching for this without any luck.

The auto trans shifter light is out in my 1998 Legacy Outback. What kind of bulb is in there? Can I get one from an autoparts store or Radio Shack, or does it have to be OEM? Also, how do I get in there to replace the bulb?

Thanks.

lekmedm

Autoparts store. This is a standard automotive light bulb

nipper