Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"2006 Mazdaspeed6"

Not an Evo or STI —but close enough for mature types.

by Conor Twomey mailto.gif (2005-10-31)

"This is not - repeat NOT - a Subaru Impreza STI or Mitsubishi Evo rival, even if the similarities are undeniable.

Sure, all three cars are four-door sedans powered by turbocharged, four-cylinder engines. All have permanent all-wheel drive, manual transmissions, and all produce about the same power. But what sets the Mazdaspeed6 apart is that it wasn't really designed with the same customer in mind. Let the rally-replica Evos and STIs battle for the hearts and paychecks of the twenty-something tearaways.

The Mazdaspeed6 is for those of us who are a little more mature now; a little too old to be seen in a hardcore street machine, but who still enjoy driving and want something affordable, practical, and fun."

<SNIP>

The rest at...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Vehicle_Reviews/Sports_Convertibles/2006_Mazdaspeed6.S184.A9537.html

nice looking car... but didn't subaru make that with the 05 legacy GT?

i am actually a big fan of the looks of the newer mazdas (although i like the backend of the protege5 wagon better than the mazda3 wagon). i would've considered a mazda3 if they were AWD... i'm surprised more car manufacturers don't make it an option...

The Mazdaspeed6 is for those of us who are a little more mature now; a little too old to be seen in a hardcore street machine, but who still enjoy driving and want something affordable, practical, and fun."

So why are you on the USMB? Go to the Mazda website. Best of luck with your Mazda. Oh by the way, go to any mountainous state, or state with snow, bad weather, etc., and count the ratio of Subie's to Mazdaspeed 6's. Maybe I'll pass you when you're stuck in the snow or mud. I'll still pull you out with my awd and limited slip rear diff.:)

I saw one of those replies coming... I don't own any Mazdas, I own two Subies. USMB serves as a great source of knowledge to maintain the darn things and I thank the propreitor of the site. While I realize people have a lot of time and money invested in their wheels, I think stickers of Calvin pissing on a Ford or Chevy logo are silly since brand loyalty doesn't separate fact from fiction... a manufacturer's products can change and unless they continue to innovate, they will be replaced by their competiton. Its useful to know what other manufacturers are producing and I find it just plain interesting. Enjoy the colorful language of the article - it was obviously meant to be a little provocative! Subaru should be flattered that Mazda is producing a Legacy GT clone, but now let Subaru up the anty!

So why are you on the USMB? Go to the Mazda website. Best of luck with your Mazda. Oh by the way, go to any mountainous state, or state with snow, bad weather, etc., and count the ratio of Subie's to Mazdaspeed 6's. Maybe I'll pass you when you're stuck in the snow or mud. I'll still pull you out with my awd and limited slip rear diff.:)