Ultimate Subaru Message Board

car is too loud

well, the exhaust fell off my car xt today, i was driving down the road, and missed the center hump on the road caused by heavy trucks sitting, and the pipe from the end of the downpipe got riped off, luckly there was noone behind me, i stopped, threw it into the back of the car(wasn't hot) and continued on my way, turns out the pipe wasn't even connected to the muffler and the downpipe, so now i need to figure out what to do, what is the best size of pipe to use on these cars, i don't want to have to do the exhaust again, is 3" too big, or will 2.5" be good enough to support the mods planned?

mike

It's a turbo car, go as big as you and your wallet can handle. Glass pack! You might be impressed at how much faster it will spool with an open exhaust.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you need backpressure on a turbo car.

If power and quiet are attributes you wish to convey with said automobile- install 2 glass packs; one right after the cat and the other in the stock muffler location. It will purr but you will still have a litle turbo whistle when you throw down on it.