Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Maybe I am bit behind the times but I was reading through SOA's website tonight and found out that the 2006 GT wagon only comes with an automatic. Anyone else bummed about this?

I have written to Subaru NA several times detailing my concern that manual trannies are on their way out. I also specifically noted that Europe and Austrailia receive the 3.0 Spec. B, which is the 6 cyl, 3 litre, mated with a 6 speed manual. Combination has received rave reviews on both continents.

Subaru response: Thanks for your interest, we carefully consider production, consumer buying preference, yadayada...

I have heard rumors that a Spec B may be available in a Legacy GT sedan in 2006-2007 timeframe.

Im bummed for sure. I was showing my friend the Spec. B. the other day and he commented as to why it didnt come in a 6-speed if it was so exclusive. Good point.

However I must laud Subaru for producing so many more 5-speed Legacys and now the WRX (which is a little more challenging to find a new auto now, compared to before [which is good]). I got rid of my '96 Legacy so I could have the stick because it was offered on the new engine that year.

In a lot of other countries auto companies decide what to build based on customer demands. If you prospective new Sub owners want a manny tranny, you've got to let them know. Say, hey, you can give me a 5/6 speed or I can take my $30,000 elsewhere. If nobody speaks out against the great autoplague, it will consume us all!!!!!one!