Ultimate Subaru Message Board

been in europe since sunday night and have seen only one sube in two major cities, barcelona and milan. Almost every brand in the alaphabet and lots of each brand except sube. Are they over here? Anybody else noticed this? At least i can surf the board over here.

Will be in Brussels tomorrow thru friday and will be looking.

Don't know about europe, but in west africa I didn't see a single suby. All old mercedes, toyota, or puegot cars, or small 4wd pickups from nissan, yota, and landrover. You can only buy diesel at most of the stations there, and the only gasoline fueled vehical I saw was a chevy lumina on the US embassy grounds, so I suspect not having a diesel version was the main reason, because the cars were always getting stuck in the sand and a subaru would have been great.

been in europe since sunday night and have seen only one sube in two major cities, barcelona and milan. Almost every brand in the alaphabet and lots of each brand except sube. Are they over here? Anybody else noticed this? At least i can surf the board over here.

Will be in Brussels tomorrow thru friday and will be looking.

Yea not many in Hungry,Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France, or the UK.

But there a quite a few in Peru.

I think it is also because there is no diesel motors from subaru.

A UK auto show reveiwed the Subaru Estate (Outback to us) and gave it glowing reveiws, but they tended to sterr it towards the upper class crowd. I think its just too expensive for most europeans .. considering how cheap they can get a car over there.

nipper

With no diesel and four wheel drive they have gone where they fit. In New Zealand Subies and common and I belive the Ozzies have as many as we do. It has been pretty clever of Subaru to develop the small four wheel drive car market. Now it seems a shame that all the big companies are on the band wagon.

In France and Spain, petrol is about $6-$7 a gallon. Diesel is about a 1/3 the price[or was last time I bought any there]. Most of the euro manufacturers make 150 mph, sub 7 sec 0-60 diesel cars that will average 45-50 mpg! Go figu

re. Europeans are highly xenophobic when it comes to cars. The French buy French,Germans buy German, etc. You don't see many japanese cars in mainland Europe.

In the UK, things are a bit different. Diesel is more expensive than petrol,and we no longer have a car industry, only assembly plants for Ford, Vauxhall[GM],Nissan and Honda,and a few low volume sportscar makers. Subaru are therefore more common here, although still,there aren't many.At a guess, Imprezas outnumber all other subes 10-1,at least it sounds like that!

Legacys and OBs do ,however have a VERY loyal following among the huntin' and shootin' set, going back to when the only other way to get across a muddy field was a draughty landrover.

Not many Foresters around though. 'The best kept secret in motoring' according to one magazine. ' A sensible alternative to a small SUV,driven by clever people.' say CAR mag.

Subes main problems here are their apalling fuel economy, and ridiculous spares prices. But, once you've bought one. you WILL buy another