Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The woodgrain thing might actually improve the B9 Edsel, er, Tribeca.

Ok, now that thing is hideous! I like the woody forester, but I don't know if there is any help for the b9. When I first saw it, the only thing I could think of was somone at Subaru thinking to themselves "hmmmm so Automobile Weekly ranked the Aztek the ugliest car of the year huh?.... Well I'll show them!"

Appologies to any B9 owners. You should ge too offened by what I like or do not. Afterall, I seem to be the only fan of the Woody Forester.

HAHAHAHAHA i forgot about that.. i think that was a chrysler product.

That was a Ford Crown Vic wagon with some extra crap added onto it.

The woodgrain thing might actually improve the B9 Edsel, er, Tribeca.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees 'Edsel' in the design. The wood wouldn't help either, I'm afraid...

I have seen that car in person. It was at the Owl's head transportation museum in Owl's head maine. They had an exibit on woody cars and had that in there too. Yes, it was just as ugly as it looked in the pictures. If anyone is up in the Rockland Maine area, the museum is a kickass place to visit. Once a month they take out their antique airplanes and do an Airshow. Lots of old car meets and auctions there too.

I'm with Jack, I quite like it. It's by far the best of the recent faux woodies ... in fact, it's actually Philippine mahogony and white ash, so it isn't even faux!

http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national/?szc=59901&srv=parser&act=display&tf=/features/autoshow99/coverage/coverage_0210_9.tmpl

But then, I'm an admitted old fut, and actually owned a 1947 Ford woody at one time (wish I still did). If I had the opportunity, I would buy that car in a minute.

HAHAHAHAHA i forgot about that.. i think that was a chrysler product.

nipper

Oh, but no---the original Vacation movie used a 1984 Ford Country Squire. I know. I drive one. (but not very often---my Legacy GT looks a little more up to date)

Could be a future collectible...........

Since it's the only one, thats a certainty!:grin:

As for the K cars, I don't care for the wagons, but love the woody convertibles. BTW, if you ever own one, the cleaner /protectorant of choice for the plastic 'wood' is Mop-n-Glo acrylic floor polish.