Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting rid of dog odor/smell?????

teppichkopf,

Try Mequiar's Car Odour Eliminator. It comes in a transparent pump spray bottle that is yellow in colour, and even has a picture of a Golden Labrador Retriever on the label. It works! I purchased a car that the previous owner had smoked in, and within three applications you would never have guessed that a smoker owned it. I even use it in my garbage can when it gets overly ripe, and instantly no more odour!

IF it's really bad,these products will be struggling. The best way to rid your car of nasty doggy niffs is to put a bowl of frehly mown lawn clippings on the back seat. Replace regularly for a couple of weeks, and the pong will be gone!

If it's still there in the spring.....

I had a friend's cat poop in my car on the back seat. I cleaned it up but the smell lingered. Another friend suggested spraying OZIUM in the car and letting it sit a few days. I did that and the odor was gone FOREVER. The product is available at Pep Boys.

~Howard

:)

PS: The cat is now banned from ever riding in my car even in a carrier.

I had a friend's cat poop in my car on the back seat. I cleaned it up but the smell lingered. Another friend suggested spraying OZIUM in the car and letting it sit a few days. I did that and the odor was gone FOREVER. The product is available at Pep Boys.

~Howard

:)

PS: The cat is now banned from ever riding in my car even in a carrier.

I second that motion!! OZIUM (available in automotive section at WalMart) is great---and thay have one called "new car smell". Just spray it and let the car sit with windows closed for a day.

I'm going to disagree with a few others that have recommended Fabreeze. It has a sickening, heavy perfume odor that doesn't smell anything like the inside of a clean car.

Try your pets favorite toy and an open passengers side window at about 40 mph. Smell and pet will be gone forever. No really I love dogs.We have 6 Dobermans and run back and forth to the vet alot. Cant take em all at one time cause they would kill eachother over jealousy. Hard to keep the smell gone. I think its the hair left behind from the dog on your seats. I cover mine with a old blanket and pull it out after the ride. Havent found anything that keeps the smell gone forever.