Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lost #2 injector about 2 months ago. This morning I lost #4. I have 228,000 miles on my 1990 2.2 legacy. I guess my question is, is this just normal wear? Also should I go with oem or after market. I saw that Venom sold them. Last time I went with a Junk yarder for $40 and it seems to be doing ok.

Lost #2 injector about 2 months ago. This morning I lost #4. I have 228,000 miles on my 1990 2.2 legacy. I guess my question is, is this just normal wear? Also should I go with oem or after market. I saw that Venom sold them. Last time I went with a Junk yarder for $40 and it seems to be doing ok.

Damn at 228,000 miles, things wear out eventually. Thats a good long run on fuel injectors. Most other brands of cars dont even last that long. I would replace the other two injectors with whatever you feel comfortable with. Fuel injectors are like batteries, only a few places make them, even though they may have another name on them. Odds are your getting something that are OE supplier with another name on them. How much does subaru get for an injector (im afraid to ask). OE lasted 228K miles. How much longer do you thnk the car wil last, or hjow long you planning on keeping it. If its a substantial amount of time, may be better to go new then used.

nipper

It is showing around 3,000 ohms. The good ones are around 12 ohms. Just can't decide on what to with it. For the most part it has been trouble free. Change the oil about ever 10k and add gas.(not very often on the gas). I guess I will hit the junk yard in the morning and pick up a used one.

IT shakes like a paint mixer. I had to pull it with a set of pliers as hard as I could to get that sucker out. Also remove you fuel tank cap or it will pressurize the system and bleed gas forever. I had to remove the spark plug for that cylinder to remove all the gas that had made it into the cylinder. The car had set for two days and still sprayed me with gas. had old cloths and a good set of glasses. entire job took less than 10 min.

Worn injectors that leak are a bit risky. I am not sure if the injector hydraulic lock myth is real because I have not seen it myself. I have wondered how long Subie injectors were going to be good for. It seems like 200,000 plus is pushing it for a wearing item that fires as much as an injector. We used to pull the mechanical ones out of Diesels and get them rebuilt at 150,000 miles.