Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

I just purchased a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX (yay!). I'm looking to add navigation to it. I'd like to keep the stock stereo, but i can't think of a good place to add the screen other than the stereo location. Has anybody added such a thing to their WRX? Do you have pictures?

What kind of a navi? Could you use a suction-cup windshield mount?

-Heikki

Haven't decided yet. I'd like to make it look as stock as possible, but the portable ones are so much cheaper than the single / double din ones =)

Iq thingies is good cause you can pocket it. My grandparents but a roadmate and they have to take it down when they park(someone will break your window for it in a second), it also vibrates a ton when driving and leaves marks on the windshield. Your best bet would probably be to replace the stock radio too. I recomend alpine, good audio and navi(we have an OEM alpine system in our 05 TL).

Um, I think the stock stereo in my '06 WRX is poor - I think you should replace yours with a nav system. If you have the same unit I do - the 6 cd changer, it has limited functions (won't remeber random setting when you turn it back on, random only on one disc NOT random through the whole stack, not loud enough,no aux/Ipod input,etc.)just my 2 cents