Ultimate Subaru Message Board

There is nothing, i repeat nothing, that you can do to a car for 40 bucks that will net either a noticeable power increase or MPG increase, unless you find a 2 inch exhaust pipe prebent for 40 bucks, and know a friend with a welder.

My reccomendation would be a tuneup, plugs, wires, o2 sensor, fuel filter, maybe suck some seafoam into the intake. but don't expect miracles.

deep down inside i beleve that the K&N filter is a gimik. it dosn't filter as good as paper. its more expensive.. it has been known to foul up the MAF on some cars.. ( probably due to over oiling the filter)

i had one on my vw i took it off..and probably won't use it again. if any power is made its minimal if not un noticable. leave that stuff for race cars.. for daily driven cars stick with a quality paper filter.

deep down inside i beleve that the K&N filter is a gimik. it dosn't filter as good as paper. its more expensive.. it has been known to foul up the MAF on some cars.. ( probably due to over oiling the filter)

i had one on my vw i took it off..and probably won't use it again. if any power is made its minimal if not un noticable. leave that stuff for race cars.. for daily driven cars stick with a quality paper filter.

I could not agree more! K&N do not work as good as paper, and let more particles into your intake. Get a good paper and go with that.